Key points to remember
Here are some things to bear in mind when researching and writing your literature review.
- It is not a descriptive list.
- It is not a book by book and article by article summary.
- It is not a survey of every single thing that’s ever been written about your topic.
- It must be defined by a guiding concept i.e. essay question, research project or objective.
- It must tell the reader what knowledge and ideas have been established and agreed in your area and outline their strengths and weaknesses.